Grilled Peach-and-Avocado Salad
From the kitchen of Paula Jones, bellalimento.com, Youngsville, NC “Being originally from Georgia, I love a good peach!”
- 1 large peach, peeled and chopped
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar or white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 large peaches, peeled and halved
- 2 firm avocados, peeled and quartered
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 cups loosely packed arugula
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Manchego or Parmesan
Watching your calories doesn’t mean eating like a rabbit. Get your greens with seven hearty dishes that will help you fill up and slim down.
Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Process 1 large peach, peeled and chopped; 6 Tbsp. canola oil; vinegar; and honey in a blender until smooth. Add 1/4 tsp. kosher salt and 1/8 tsp. freshly ground pepper. Gently toss 3 large peaches, peeled and halved, and avocados in 1 Tbsp. canola oil and salt and pepper to taste. Grill, covered with grill lid, 2 minutes on each side or until charred. Slice and serve over arugula. and Manchego or Parmesan.
- Top with peach vinaigrette
- Add Manchego or Parmesan.
- Drizzle with light honey
This will soon become one of your family’s favorites and with the sweetness of the peach and honey your kids will be asking for more rather than pushing lettuce around the plate!